Re: Clarification on misquotation of figure from OSI Guide

(Sorry for triple posting but this discussion seems to be going on in all
three arenas.. Liblicense, SOAF forum and ALPSP-discuss)

Hmm - Oxford Dictionary:

Heuristic:  serving to discover

I cannot imagine that the authors plucked a figure out of the air
believing it to be misleading.  Surely OSI/SPARC aren't backing off this
figure simply because publishers agree with them?  ;-)

Until this discussion started, they had gone up considerably in many
publishers' eyes for having taken a much more rational approach to costs
than had some other OA enthusiasts;  it would be a pity to undermine this
perception now.

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK

Phone:  +44 (0)1903 871686 Fax:  +44 (0)1903 871457
E-mail:  chief-exec@alpsp.org