Microsoft's new search engine

Of possible interest:
___________________________

MICROSOFT'S new search engine may rival or even surpass the world's most
popular web tool Google, Microsoft co-founder and chairman Bill Gates
said.

In Bangkok to unveil a deal with the Thai government, Mr Gates said his
company was developing products to make the internet easier to use. "The
coolest company right now in terms of new things is Google, which does a
search product which is very good," Mr Gates said.

"I think we'll surprise them by showing how we can do a search that's as
good or better than they do. Consumers benefit from that type of
competition."

Britain's New Scientist magazine has reported that Microsoft's new search
engine, which is currently under development, had caught up technically
with Google.

####