[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
single Sign -on systems for "extranet".
- To: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: single Sign -on systems for "extranet".
- From: "Hamaker, Chuck" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 18:08:27 EDT
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
A new breed of security management vendor is simplifying business-to-business e- commerce with a relatively old technology: single-sign-on security. The single-sign-on user authentication process is a technology originally created to give LAN users one-step access to the network. That's in sharp contrast to today's Web environment, in which users must typically endure several authentication steps each time they travel from one domain to another. This article is from PC Week (http://www.pcweek.com/). Visit this page on the Web at: http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2318286,00.html