From: "Okerson, Ann" <ann.okerson@yale.edu>
To: "liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu" <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Wed, December 1, 2010 2:41:43 AM
Subject: LexisNexis and ProQuest

Of possible interest to liblicense-l readers, at least to those
in large research libraries.

November 30, 2010
From: LexisNexis Academic

To sharpen our focus on our core news, business, and legal
research products, we at LexisNexis Academic & Library Solutions
decided to divest several specialized research products,
primarily covering government documents and historical
collections. As a result, on November 30, 2010, the ProQuest
company purchased print and microform publications bearing the
Congressional Information Service (CIS) and University
Publications of America (UPA) imprints, as well as related online
products from Reed Elsevier, the parent company of LexisNexis.
LexisNexis will continue to serve academic institutions and
public libraries with our LexisNexis Academic, Scholastic, and
Library Express online database solutions, and we will continue
to support the administrative functions of academic institutions
and public libraries with our professional research solutions.

<snip>