[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Robert Darnton, on creating a "national digital library"
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Robert Darnton, on creating a "national digital library"
- From: "B.G. Sloan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 21:50:13 EDT
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harvad's Robert Darnton, writing in the New York Review of Books' blog: "Can we create a National Digital Library? That is, a comprehensive library of digitized books that will be easily accessible to the general public. Simple as it sounds, the question is extraordinarily complex. It involves issues that concern the nature of the library to be built, the technological difficulties of designing it, the legal obstacles to getting it off the ground, the financial costs of constructing and maintaining it, and the political problems of mobilizing support for it." See: http://bit.ly/dbCWS7 Bernie Sloan
- Prev by Date: Re: Publishing fee discounts tied to library subscriptions
- Next by Date: Re: Looking for successful IRs
- Previous by thread: Nobel Prize in Physics for 2010 Awarded to arXiv Depositors
- Next by thread: Outsell Pricing Survey 2010 - Invitation