RE: May issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter

Hi All

I know of only one case that comes close to what Sandy describes,
although it was not the EXclusion, rather the INclusion of an
article. Open Chemical Physics Journal (Bentham) published a
paper dealing with explosives in the World Trade Center, and it
turned out that the article was included by the publishers
without the editors' knowledge, and without any peer review.
Because of that breach, the editor resigned.

Of course, there were also the 6 fake "Australasian" journals
published by Elsevier - why bother inserting articles into a
journal when you can just create the entire journal :-).

Regards

Ken

----

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education