[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Head of Continuing Resources, Revised application date
- To: Electronic Content Licensing Discussion <email@example.com>
- Subject: Head of Continuing Resources, Revised application date
- From: Cindy Hepfer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:03:12 EST
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: Head of Continuing Resources, Revised application date
Head, Continuing Resources Division
Central Technical Services
We are seeking an experienced library technical services manager to administer all aspects of our Continuing Resources Division. The Division is responsible for the acquisition, licensing, bibliographic control, and management of continuing resources (periodicals, other serials, databases) in all formats, whether priced or gratis. The Division consists of the Print Periodicals and Serials Department, the Continuing Electronic Resources Department, Electronic Resources Acquisitions staff, and Continuing Resources Cataloging staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Administers and participates in the departmental activities of the Division including the supervision of 5 librarians, 6 support staff and several student assistants.
* Sets direction and formulates policy for the Division in conjunction with the department heads.
* Monitors and evaluates national trends and practices in the acquisition and bibliographic control of continuing resources
* Plays a leadership role in the University Libraries in the areas of acquiring, licensing, and providing access to continuing resources including fostering cooperative efforts with other SUNY Libraries
* Participates in setting direction and formulating policy for technical services activities throughout the University Libraries
* A Master's degree in library science
* Three to five years of research library technical services managerial experience including substantial experience in the acquisition and bibliographic control of continuing resources " Excellent oral and written communication skills
* A record of national professional involvement
Salary range: $68,000-$72,000
To apply and obtain fuller information including preferred qualifications: Go to https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51588
Application deadline: February 26, 2008
SUNY at Buffalo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Recruiter
Please consider the environment before printing this message
Head, Electronic Periodicals Management Dept.
Central Technical Services
University at Buffalo (SUNY)
- Prev by Date: Re: The giant leap
- Next by Date: Re: Are Green OA Self-Archiving Mandates Maoist Monstrosities?
- Previous by thread: che on fair use
- Next by thread: Re: Are Green OA Self-Archiving Mandates Maoist Monstrosities?