Surveys and prizes

We've been swamped with surveys of every sort lately offering
$50.000 gift certificates, $100.00 drawings, and all sorts of
things as inducements to participate. As public university
employees in North Carolina our understanding is we can't accept
such offers. If vendors and questionnaire designers always
included "opt out" options clearly marked at the beginning of
such surveys they might get better results.

Chuck Hamaker
Associate University Librarian Collections and Technical Services
Atkins Library
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Charlotte, NC 28223
phone 704 687-2825