[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ARL-ANNOUNCE] ARL Endorses Call for Action to Preserve E-Journals (Modified by Karla Hahn)
- To: "Activities and Programs of ARL" <ARL-ANNOUNCE@arl.org>
- Subject: [ARL-ANNOUNCE] ARL Endorses Call for Action to Preserve E-Journals (Modified by Karla Hahn)
- From: ARL Communications <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:03:56 EST
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARL Endorses Call for Action to Preserve E-Journals
October 31, 2005
For Immediate Release
For further information, please contact:
Association of Research Libraries
Washington, DC. The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) has endorsed
the statement "Urgent Action Needed to Preserve Scholarly Electronic
Journals." The endorsement reflects ARL's recognition that now is a
crucial time for the library community to act in support of initiatives
that will ensure enduring access to scholarly e-journals. The statement
arose out of a recent meeting of library leaders hosted by the Andrew W.
Mellon Foundation and articulates four actions needed to support the
development of qualified preservation archives for scholarly e-journals.
ARL's Scholarly Communication Steering Committee will be developing
objectives and action items stemming from the statement's recommendations.
"Urgent Action Needed to Preserve Scholarly Electronic Journals" is
available at http://www.arl.org/osc/EjournalPreservation_Final.pdf. Endorsement occurred during the ARL Membership Meeting held October 26-27,
The Association of Research Libraries (ARL) is a nonprofit organization of 123 research libraries in North America. Its mission is to influence the changing environment of scholarly communication and the public policies that affect research libraries and the communities they serve. ARL pursues this mission by advancing the goals of its member research libraries, providing leadership in public and information policy to the scholarly and higher education communities, fostering the exchange of ideas and expertise, and shaping a future environment that leverages its interests with those of allied organizations. ARL is located on the Web at http://www.arl.org/.
- Prev by Date: Palgrave Macmillan acquires journals and books from Perpetuity Press Ltd
- Next by Date: EMERALD ACQUIRES FOUR ACCOUNTING AND INVESTMENT TITLES
- Previous by thread: Palgrave Macmillan acquires journals and books from Perpetuity Press Ltd
- Next by thread: EMERALD ACQUIRES FOUR ACCOUNTING AND INVESTMENT TITLES