Re: A COUNTER concern.

I would like to point out that intelligent use of OpenURL 1.0 and
link-server technology offers a way to measure some types of usage, even
in the situation where the articles are used from thousands of
repositories around the world. The point is that links contained in the
articles do not change, they can be pointed at usage-measuring link
servers, and can contain information about "referring entity", i.e. the
identity of the article containing the links.

So to sum up, measuring usage from unknown providers is entirely feasible.
Please contact me directly for technical details.

Eric Hellman, President                            Openly Informatics, Inc.
eric@openly.com                                    2 Broad St., 2nd Floor
tel 1-973-509-7800 fax 1-734-468-6216              Bloomfield, NJ 07003
http://www.openly.com/1cate/      1 Click Access To Everything