Mr. Harnad's posting re. OS and speculation

Stevan Harnad wrote:

>What would be most helpful at this point is not continuing passive
>speculation about hypothetical future contingencies, should OA ever
>prevail, but immediate action on implementing policies and practises to
>ensure that OA does prevail.

JE:  Helpful to whom?  This is a pre-Copernican view of the world, with
researchers at the center.  I thought God loved all His children.

Librarians and publishers that don't have a strategy to deal with Open
Access publishing are in for a rude awakening.  In my experience, most of
them don't.

Joe Esposito