[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Reed Elsevier & Kluwer?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Reed Elsevier & Kluwer?
- From: Ann Okerson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:11:51 -0500 (EST)
- cc: Northeast Research Libraries Consortium <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Several individuals sent this my way today and asked if it could be posted to liblicense-l. So, here's the press rumor du jour. ___ >From the Bookseller Reed back in for Wolters Kluwer The merger between STM giants Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer that fell through in 1998 is back on, according to the Observer. The two groups are expected to merge by the end of the year, investment bankers say. A marriage would produce one of the largest publishing groups in the world, with a market value of �17bn. Neither group was prepared to comment for the article, but the piece says that bankers believe Crispin Davis, chief executive of Reed Elsevier, is prepared to make an approach to Wolters Kluwer once he has bedded down last year's �3.2bn acquisition of publisher Harcourt. http://www.observer.co.uk/business/story/0,6903,628089,00.html =====