[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ALA Program on Linking
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: ALA Program on Linking
- From: James Mouw <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:29:43 EST
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the Road to Full Text - Linking to the Source During ALA MidWinter, The Charleston Advisor, which publishes reviews of electronic resources (<http://www.charlestonco.com/>www.charlestonco.com) is hosting a program to explore developments in linking between electronic journals.�� Bring your questions for the discussion and learn how this works with the DOI through CrossRef, using SFX technology. Jim Mouw, Head of Serials, University of Chicago will speak to operational issues and practical applications. Jenny Walker, Director Sales & Marketing, ExLibris� <http://www.sfxit.com/>www.sfxit.com will address localization of linking solutions. Amy Brand, Director of Business Development, CrossRef� <http://www.crossref.org/>www.crossref.org will explain the rapid adoption by publishers of the DOI and the potential for libraries to participate. WHEN:��� Sunday, January 20th 7:30-9:00am� (breakfast included) WHERE:� Hotel Inter-Continental, (444 St. Charles St. & Poydras St.). RSVP is necessary to:��� email@example.com Following this program in the Convention Center, PVLR (Publishers/Vendors/Librarians Roundtable) will discuss SFX and the Open URL at 9:30 in the Convention Center. ++++++++++++++ James R. Mouw Acquisitions Librarian Electronic Resources Officer The University of Chicago Library 1100 E. 57th St. Chicago, Illinois, 60637 773 702-8732 fax 773-702-3016
- Prev by Date: Re: American Geophysical Union Electronic options!
- Next by Date: RE: Library response to BioMed Central's new Institutional Membership Program
- Prev by thread: Reed Elsevier & Kluwer?
- Next by thread: Library response to BioMed Central's new Institutional Membership Program