[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Reversal of yesterday's Reed/Kluwer news du jour!
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Reversal of yesterday's Reed/Kluwer news du jour!
- From: Ann Okerson <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:03:47 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
And now for the new -- and likely far more accurate news du jour. This seems more reality based... Your moderator *** Headline: Broker doubts Reed-Wolters Kluwer merger Analyst Merrill Lynch has dismissed speculation that Reed Elsevier is to merge with Wolters Kluwer. The report (see the Bulletin 7/1/02) from Sunday's Observer said that Crispin Davis, chief executive of Reed Elsevier, was preparing to make an approach to Wolters Kluwer in order to revisit a merger that collapsed in 1998. "Merrill told clients it does not believe the groups are in talks now, nor are likely to enter into talks in the near term." The broker reiterated its 'buy' stance on both stocks, noting that neither Reed International nor Elsevier shares partook in the sector's recent strong performance. http://www.iii.co.uk/uknews/?articleid=4266583&action=article --end--
- Prev by Date: Reed Elsevier & Kluwer?
- Next by Date: Re: Library response to BioMed Central's new Institutional MembershipProgram
- Prev by thread: Re: Library response to BioMed Central's new Institutional MembershipProgram
- Next by thread: Reed Elsevier & Kluwer?