RE: Simplifying licenses

This agreement was approved by the university counsel and purchasing.

Our view is that this arrangement is not materially different than our
current arrangement with Faxon to acquire print materials.  I am not
absolutely sure this arrangement will work out over time, but I am
confident that the risk is worth the savings in our time (both for the
contract issues and for the other services Faxon can add).  I also beleive
the efficiencies that this sort of arrangement might lead to (serials
vendors represent many libraries to a publisher and many publishers to a
library) are as important in the electronic realm as they have been in the
print.

David W. Lewis
Acting University Librarian
IUPUI University Library