Elsevier Science's ILL Policy for Electronic Files

>From Elsevier Science's newsletter (Summer 1999, no. 14, p. 3):

"The first year of implementation [of the ILL policy developed in 6/98]
has provided sufficient experience of modify two provisions that were in
earlier contracts:

oo When the ILL policy announcement was originally made, lending libraries
were asked to keep fairly detailed records of the articles being delivered
and the borrowing libraries involved.  New provisions, being implemented
on a one-year experimental basis, ask libraries to provide a record of the
total number of articles per title per year.  The name of the library
receiving the copy is no longer required. Based on our observations of
usage levels to date and the feedback we have received from our licensee
parties, this provides a more manageable procedure for lending libraries.

oo The original policy introduced a fee after certain limits had been
passed; this fee has been removed for the experimental year.

We are pleased with the positive response we have received from librarians
on our ILL policy.  We will continue to review and refine it to increase
convenience and flexibility to libraries holding electronic licenses."

AND NOW A QUESTION:  Are other journal publishers effecting the same kinds
of changes, i.e., loosening up a little more re. electronic ILL?  Which
ones?  And which ones, from the get-go, referred librarians to national
law such as US Section 108 for their e-journal policy (I know Highwire
did this).

Thank you,

Ann Okerson
Yale University