Elsevier and cancellations

Vanderbilt was a participant in PEAK a study conducted by U of Michigan
whereby our faculty had access to all Elsevier jounrals for one year. We
currently subscribe to 300 or so Elsevier paper titles. We tracked the
usage of all titles as compared to those we owned. The resulting data are
very interesting. We found heavy usage of titles we do not own in paper
and low usage of some titles we do own. Of course many conclusions can be
drawn from this data.

For a good report on our findings you might read an article by John Haar,
our AUL for collections on the PEAK site. You can find it at

http://www.lib.umich.edu/libhome/peak/Haar-nasig.htm

Paul M. Gherman
University Librarian
611B General Library