Re: privacy@wiley.com

We at the Ehrman Medical Library have also registered our public
workstations for Wiley e-journals using institutional names.  It makes
absolutely no sense for any individual's name to be attached to a public
machine, and would certainly be an intrusive burden if the first person
who sat down at one of these machines had to register the machine in their
own name.

However, registering our library machines was an unneccessary headache for
library technical staff, and created the need for us to post signs on our
web pages pertaining to all Wiley journals that if one is inside the
library they can go ahead, but if one is outside the library they must
register.  We posted a framed off page with the warning and all our Wiley
journal links on the left, and the Wiley registration form on the right
side of the frame.  Again, more needless work, and again, more confusion
for the library's patrons.

Paul Wrynn
Collection Development Librarian