Re: Proposed Haworth Press e-journal Policies

Haworth's policies with respect to copyright and author's rights, it
should be noted, have long been very restrictive; if you're perturbed by
their proposed Web policy, you should look at their copyright page and
instructions for authors.  This is one of the publishers in the Library
world for which I will not knowingly write*, as I believe we should be
practicing what we preach when we talk to faculty and edititorial board
members on our campuses. *(Recently RLG transferred its copyright in a
publication to Haworth so some of us are seen in a Haworth journal, but
not as a result of our wishes.)

Peter Graham psgraham@syr.edu
After 9/1/98: Syracuse University Library  315/443-2573 fax 315/443-2060
Syracuse, NY 13244-2010  Do *not* respond to rci.rutgers.edu   mmrci9.98