Threaded Index

RE: CBC and Liblicense list

	It might be interesting for those on this listserv interested in
web advertising by journals and journals use of banner ads in particular
to know that there is a listserv that hashes out internet and banner
advertising issues including their effectiveness.  The list is sponsored
by Global Exposure Internet Marketing and is moderated by Adam Boettiger
(email address ab@exposure-usa.com).  I have been subscribed to this list
for a number of months and have learned quite a bit from its discussions.
The listserv, Internet Advertising Discussion List, can be subscribed to
from the Global Exposure web page at URL: http://www.exposure-usa.com
The list is moderated and screened for quality of comment, so that while
contributors may plug their products that are related to the lists
content, it is done in the context of something of value to contribute to
the content of the listserv topic areas.  Advertising strategies adopted
by newsletters is one of the topics that comes up on this listserv.
I hope this information helps those interested in gaining further
knowledge of the effectiveness and practices of the advertising industry
on the internet.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@astro.temple.edu

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Brennan Brian wrote:

> Ms. O'Malley,
>
> Many publishers doubt the efficacy of online advertising. Some feel it
> doesn't work because people have to "click" on the advertisers banner,
> and most people would rather not volunteer for viewing ads.  All do not
> agree however, and a recent article argued that research showed that
> just viewing "banner ads" had the desired effect for those selling
> products, even if visitors didn't click through.  Essentially, the
> problem is that advertisers know print ads work, they are hesitant to
> believe in online ads, and the journals are going to be necessarily
> hesitant to go to a media where they are going to have trouble selling
> ad space.
>

> Brian Brennan

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library