Threaded Index

RE: CBC and Liblicense list

Ms. O'Malley,

Many publishers doubt the efficacy of online advertising. Some feel it
doesn't work because people have to "click" on the advertisers banner,
and most people would rather not volunteer for viewing ads.  All do not
agree however, and a recent article argued that research showed that
just viewing "banner ads" had the desired effect for those selling
products, even if visitors didn't click through.  Essentially, the
problem is that advertisers know print ads work, they are hesitant to
believe in online ads, and the journals are going to be necessarily
hesitant to go to a media where they are going to have trouble selling
ad space.

Brian Brennan

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library