Threaded Index

Re: Nondisclosure - a pet peeve

If it's written in the original contract, it's likely that it's there to
protect or to benefit the licensor.  The first thing that comes to mind
when I hear about nondisclosure is that if one library or consortia fights
a hard-won battle on a particular issue, the licensor does not want to have
to deal with a coattail effect.   Each library would have to fight the same
battle on its own, as though the language had never been changed before,
whether or not the licensor felt strongly about the point being argued.

I certainly favor more specific language in non-disclosure terminology.

Paul Wrynn
Collection Development Librarian

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library