Threaded Index

Re: Nondisclosure - a pet peeve

From:  Peter Graham, Rutgers University Libraries

For state institutions in the US, non-disclosure is a non-issue; public
affairs are public.  It may take someone trouble to find it out, but if
asked for it must be disclosed.  I recall pointing this out to vendors
that it is non-enforceable, to have them wave off the matter as therefore
of little importance.

In fact I don't feel sure of my ground on this, except that there is an
out for some state institutions, so better experience reported here would
be welcome.  I agree with those who want to see contracts open.  Under
what circumstances would a *purchaser* not want contract terms revealed?
--pg

Peter Graham     psgraham@rci.rutgers.edu     Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08903  (732)445-5908; fax(732)445-5888
               <URL:http://aultnis.rutgers.edu/pghome.html>

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer