Threaded Index

Non-disclosure

I am very concerned about non-disclosure clauses. I must admit that I have
not seen any of the nature that Ann describes, but if any did come my way I
think I would strike out that clause. It is very important that we should
be able to discuss with colleagues in other institutions the terms of any
licence offered to us, or we are in danger of being played off against each
other by publishers. I can see that we might not want to share information
on the financial deal we are being offered, but on matters such as the
definition of user categories or archiving arrangements it is vital that
the higher education community knows that it is being treated as one. To me
the existence of non-disclosure clauses underlines even more the importance
of adopting model licences and contracts.

Fred Friend

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Frederick J.Friend,
Director Scholarly Communication,
University College London,
Gower Street,
London WC1E 6BT,
England.
Telephone +44 171 380 7090
Mobile phone   0385 921 774
Fax           +44 171 380 7373
E-mail       ucylfjf@ucl.ac.uk   or    f.friend@ucl.ac.uk
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback