Threaded Index

ILL: A Straw Poll

In order to get a sense of what members of this list think ILL language in
an electronic contract ought or ought not to permit, could we prevail on
you, gentle reader, to fill out the short straw poll below?  Please return
your response to Liblicense-l as if you were replying to any regular
message. Since each message goes to the moderators, we will not forward
these replies to the list. Rather we will log them to a file for a week or
two and then compile the replies and report back to you.

If you can strip out your signature bloc, so much the better, but in any
case we'll strip out all addresses and identies before we compile the
results.

Thank you,  The Liblicense-L Moderators (Ann Okerson, Rodney Stenlake)

__________________________

ILL in E-Contracts -- Straw Poll, July 1997

1.  If I were advising parties to an agreement between electronic
copyright holders and users, I would recommend the following position:

CHECK ONLY ONE - a check or x or yes indicates you agree with that
statement.

_______1A. ILL is not a concept that finds an analog in the electronic
environment;  it should not be permitted in electronic information
contracts.

_______2B. ILL (libraries sending a copy of an article to another library
for its users) should be permitted in electronic contracts subject either
to the CONTU suggestion of five or some other agreed-upon limit.

_______3C. Not sure or undecided.

2.  I come from the following sector (the one that earns my living):

CHECK PRIMARY ONE - a check or x or yes indicates your affiliation.

_______2A. Copyright holder (publisher or author)

_______2B. Librarian

_______2C. Attorney

_______2D. Vendor or intermediary (*not* copyright holder but a supplier)

_______2E. Reader/User/Student/Scholar/Researcher, etc.

3.  Please offer other comments or qualifiers as you wish below.

Thank you, the Moderators of Liblicense-l

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback