Threaded Index

Re: Interlibrary loan and elect

Although the history of delivered information is transactionally based, I
believe we are seeing the emergence of bundles of information. Substantial
portions of journals, mainly articles, are now available in electronic
form, in conjunction with an index from EBSCO, UMI, IAC.  Publishers, such
as Elsevier and Springer are talking about offering subject oriented
services which include full text of journals along with other resources.
Engineering Information is thinking about adding full text to their
one-stop-shop for information of interest to engineers.

I anticipate by early next year, there will be an increase in the amount
of information targeted at specific subject areas, combing articles,
journals, reports, etc. from a variety of sources.  This will be another
option to pay by the drink as these services are fee based subscrptions.

Judy Luther
--
Market Development Services
Judy Luther,  MLS, MBA			610-645-7546 tel

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback