Re: Persee in danger. Please support it.

The best I can reconstruct is that it is based on individual
conflicts making use of institutional politics: apparently, one
individual (the U. president) is seeking to harm the career of
another person (a former president) by attacking one of his more
important projects. It appears very petty and very nasty.

The official excuse is that it costs too much and the
university's role is too limited.

The official manoeuvre is presented as a transfer to another
institution, in this case an umbrella institution for all the
universities in the Lyons area. The problem is that this
structure was conceived to help coordinate university endeavours,
not to manage projects directly. It does not have the mandate to
do so; it does not have the room, equipment and experience to do
so. This will scatter a team that has worked on the project for
now eight years.

All in all, a stupid and sad story.

Jean-Claude