Re: Blog post

Those who read Joe's post a couple of days ago probably missed
seeing my riposte, posted today:

The print/digital divide isn't quite as sharp as Joe depicts it
here. Some years ago Penn State Press stopped using a UK-based
distributor in favor of making its books available in the UK
market through Lighting Source UK. With Amazon's BookSurge (or
whatever it's called now) having POD facilities distributed
around the world, the cost of distributing print has come way
down; print books are now manufactured locally. The CCC also is
using a network of printers worldwide to supply print articles to
customers who get their permissions through the CCC and want hard
copy. The Espresso machine is being bought by libraries.
Eventually, as librarian Rick Anderson predicted at the
Charleston conference earlier this month, we'll have the desktop
equivalent of the Espresso.

Sandy Thatcher