Blog post

I just put up a post on Scholarly Kitchen called "One World
Publishing:"

http://bit.ly/ajIUSq

The topic is how the growth of ebooks is likely to change the way
publishing rights are handled and lead to a restructuring of the
book industry.  This restructuring has already largely taken
place in journals, especially in STM.

In my view, "one world publishing" is a mixed blessing, but it is
inevitable.  Once again, changes in the publishing world are
being driven by consumer markets, which appears to be the one
constant of networked communications.

The post was prompted by a liblicense thread from last month and,
in particular, the comments of Toby Green.

Joe Esposito