Re: Sub-sidy/cription for ArXiv

I will be interested to see how Professor Harnad revises this
post after the launch of Google Editions and the beginnings of
browser-based etexts.  The architecture of the Internet and
repositories described below does not align with the way the
Internet is evolving.

Institutions that invest in repositories (except for
preservation) may find that the money is not well spent.  In any
event, there is no harm in waiting six months to see what Google
has up its sleeve.  Put mandates on hold.

Joe Esposito