Edinburgh University Press Signs Three-Year Agreement with SHEDL

Edinburgh, UK, 27th January 2010, Edinburgh University Press has
entered into a three year agreement with the Scottish Higher
Education Digital Library (SHEDL) to provide access to all EUP
journals for all of the nineteen SHEDL member institutions in
Scotland.

SHEDL was set up in 2009 to provide uniform access across all
Scottish Higher Education Institutions, it started by licensing
journal content from three publishers and has expanded
considerably for 2010.  SHEDL operates as a closed consortium,
enabling researchers to have access to the same titles wherever
they are based. This is vital to the Research Pools operated in
Scotland which consist of researchers from different institutions
working together but reliant on the online information that they
receive from their home library.

The Edinburgh University Press agreement, running from January
2010 until 2012, will enable researchers in Scotland to access
all Edinburgh University Press journals, including leading
Scottish History journals Scottish Historical Review and Journal
of Scottish Historical Studies, highly regarded publications in
literary studies including, Oxford Literary Review, Paragraph and
Romanticism, and the journal of the Society for the History of
Natural History, Archives of Natural History.

Catriona Murray, Head of Sales and Marketing at Edinburgh
University Press said: "We are delighted to provide our journals
collection to SHEDL, it will be of great value to Scottish
researchers to access content from EUP in each and every Scottish
university.  Our journals cover a wide range of the social
science and humanities and we hope that this, three-year,
fixed-price deal will be of benefit to universities in Scotland
during the difficult economic climate."

For further information about EUP please go to:
www.euppublishing.com

About Edinburgh University Press

Edinburgh University Press is the premier scholarly publisher in
Scotland of academic books and journals and one of the leading
university presses in the UK.  EUP is committed to furthering
knowledge and making innovative and rigorous scholarship
available to the widest possible readership through its range of
research publications. The Press seeks excellence in its chosen
subjects combining high quality scholarship and commerciality to
produce academic works of lasting value.

For more information please contact:

Catriona H Murray
Head of Sales and Marketing
Edinburgh University Press