2009: A Year of Strong Growth for Hindawi

Press Release
January 6, 2010

2009: A Year of Strong Growth for Hindawi

Hindawi is pleased to announce that its collection of open access
journals has grown substantially during 2009. The number of
submitted manuscripts to Hindawi's journals in 2009 increased by
more than 115%, from about 7,600 submitted manuscripts in 2008 to
more than 16,500 in 2009. The number of manuscripts accepted for
publication increased from about 2,500 in 2008 to roughly 4,400
accepted manuscripts in 2009.

"We are very pleased with the strong growth we experienced during
2009," said Paul Peters, Hindawi's Head of Business Development.
"We currently have over 200 journals covering many areas of
science, technology, and medicine, and we saw very strong growth
in all areas, particularly within our biological and medical
collections."

Hindawi's journals are edited by more than 8,700 scholars who
serve on the journals' Editorial Boards. The 16,500 manuscripts
that were submitted in 2009 were authored by more than 46,000
distinct authors from around the world.

"It is clear now more than ever that our open access conversion,
which we completed in early 2007, was the best management
decision we have taken at Hindawi," said Ahmed Hindawi, the
company's co-founder and CEO. "We look forward to 2010 with great
hope and determination to continue our growth and to further the
solid academic and financial performance of our publishing
program."

For more information please contact:

Paul Peters
Head of Business Development
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
Email:paul.peters@hindawi.com <Email%3Apaul.peters@hindawi.com>

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a rapidly growing STM publisher
with more than 200 peer-reviewed, open access journals covering a
wide range of subjects in science, technology, and medicine. The
company website is located at http://www.hindawi.com/.