RE: Changing the game

Fortunately, most of us never have to face the "lifeboat"
situation Jean-Claude describes, so it is normally not an
either/or choice we need to make. And where Einstein is
concerned, legend has it that he was so oblivious to his
surroundings that he would walk into an open manhole if he were
by himself; so he is one genius who really needed the help of
others to survive and do his good work!

Regarding "meioitic," I suspect the word I originally wrote was
"maieutic." How it got changed is a mystery to me--maybe one of
those meddling copyeditors? :)

Sandy Thatcher
Penn State University Press