From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu On Behalf Of Nawin Gupta
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 4:58 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Journal/Publisher 2010 price freeze info on MLA website

It is gratifying to see that a number of publishers are foregoing
price increases for the upcoming year.  Anecdotal evidence to
date is that many of the libraries, if not most, are expecting
budget cuts of around 10% or more. Sadly, despite the noble
gestures of some, chances are that librarians would still need to
cut some subscriptions.

If I may ask a question of librarians on this list:

Would a journal that did not increase its subscription price
likely to be spared in your decision to cut?  Or, are the
decisions likely to be based primarily on a journal's usage and
its importance to the library "customers" and collection?

Nawin Gupta
www.nawingupta.com