From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Julie Blake
Sent: 04 April 2009 03:29
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Multi-Site licensing language

Georgie,

This definition seems to be up to each individual
publisher/licensor. We try to get away from defining "site" at
all, and try to stick with "authorized users" instead. We'll say
something like, "we want to license this for all of our faculty,
staff, students, researchers, walk-ins and alumni no matter where
they are" and go from there.

Many publishers still think of a site as any place that would
have had a separate print subscription.

Julie C. Blake
Acquisitions Coordinator
Sheridan Libraries