Re: Institutional subscription question

But that doesn't reflect normal library practice.  Say you just
have 1 copy on reserve.  You make it available for two hour loan.
That means in a library where the building has 100 hours open to
the public you could loan that 1 item 50 times.  What's the
practical difference between having 1 copy available and 50?

It seems what should happen is that there is a fee structure that
reflects the actual USE of the materials rather than the NUMBER
of copies which, in and of itself, doesn't necessarily reflect
usage. Of course, libraries don't have the money to pay such
fees, but that's a different issue entirely...