New BBC Monitoring Library: free trials now open

*** Apologies for cross posting ***

New BBC Monitoring Library: free trials now open for credible,
timely open source intelligence resource

I thought that the list might like to learn that we have today
launched the BBC Monitoring library:
www.bbcmonitoringlibrary.com.

We are offering the list free trials to this exciting new
service: please contact us on bbcmonitoringlibrary@pcgplus.com if
you would like a trial.

BBC Monitoring tracks the global media for the latest news
reports emerging around the world as a searchable source of news,
information and comment gathered from media worldwide. The BBC
Monitoring Library provides access to content from 3000 sources
from 150 countries from 100 languages, 24 hours a day.

Please see below for further information.

All the best and thanks,

Arend Kuester
Director - PCG Europe
PCG, a division of Publishing Technology
akuester@pcgplus.com

Publishing Technology, the largest provider of software, services
and content for the information industry, has announced the
launch of a new web platform for BBC Monitoring, the global news
resource.

The BBC Monitoring Library (www.bbcmonitoringlibrary.com)
provides subscribers with open source intelligence from the BBC's
unparalleled network of international correspondents. Articles
are selected from traditional and new media worldwide, with over
one hundred source languages being translated into English to
provide a fully searchable digital current affairs resource.

More than 3,000 radio, television, press, internet and news
agency sources in over 150 countries are monitored to inform the
BBC's distinctive, authoritative and reliable coverage of
political and economic news. Content is delivered via data feed
to the new web platform, where XML-based storage (?) enables
greater flexibility in delivery. The database also supports
sophisticated discoverability, including multiple filtering
options to facilitate users' ability to track specific sectors or
follow particular stories as they develop.

The new service offers improved functionality enabling the BBC to
serve key academic and institutional markets more effectively;
for example, IP-authenticated access control, management of
complex inter-subscriber relationships, social bookmarking and
COUNTER-compliant usage statistics all enhance the service's
proposition to the academic sector. Publishing Technology has
simultaneously delivered a new, fully-integrated subscription
management system, which supports flexible content licensing,
sophisticated revenue recognition and retention analysis, complex
customer relationships and multiple currencies. Completing the
package, Publishing Technology will also provide sales
representation to facilitate BBC Monitoring's entry into new
markets by leveraging the experience of its PCG division.

"Market research indicated that our previous online presence was
not meeting all our customers' diverse needs," explains Rosy
Wolfe, Head of Business Development and Customer Relations at BBC
Monitoring. "We are confident that this new site offers the
flexibility and functionality that will make it an invaluable
resource for anyone with an interest in current affairs."

"BBC Monitoring's uniquely authoritative and impartial content
proposition is now supported by a site that is second-to-none in
terms of interface and performance," adds Arend Kuester,
Director, PCG Europe. "Our research showed that libraries are
keen to add this kind of resource to their collections, and I am
looking forward to sharing it with our network of prestigious
institutions."

ENDS

For more information, please contact:
Charlie Rapple