RE: university of chicago new license scheme

I'm all for it! To my knowledge, I have not heard of a publisher suing
an academic library over misuse of its electronic resources.   How do
publishers keep straight all the subtle differences of their signed
licenses?  Best practices, such as the John Cox model for licensing,
have been adopted by a majority of publishers that it makes sense to
move to a terms and conditions model.

Liz Lorbeer
Associate Director for Content Management
Assistant Professor
Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences
University of Alabama Birmingham
lorbeer@uab.edu