From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Matt Person
Sent: 22 November, 2006 1:25 AM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: university of chicago new license scheme

I have just received notice from the University of Chicago Press
that they no longer require a formal signed license from an
institution, replaced by "Terms and Conditions of Use of
Electronic Journals." I find this a very interesting development.
Is this a new trend (or one solution) to licensing challenges? (I
am new to handling licenses at my institution).

Matthew Person
Serials Librarian
MBLWHOI Library
MBL Biological Discovery in Woods Hole