Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:25 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: university of chicago new license scheme

I have just received notice from the University of Chicago Press that
they no longer require a formal signed license from an institution,
replaced by "Terms and Conditions of Use of Electronic Journals." I find
this a very interesting development.
Is this a new trend (or one solution) to licensing challenges? (I am new
to handling licenses at my institution).

Matthew Person
Serials Librarian
MBLWHOI Library
MBL Biological Discovery in Woods Hole