Print-Only Subscription Trend

In 2006 Duke University Press decoupled print and electronic subscriptions and offered three format options: print plus electronic, print-only and electronic-only. We have noticed a heavy uptake of the print-only format (40% + across the board), which seems unusual given the current buzz of libraries going electronic-only. Are librarians intentionally selecting print-only? Or, is this a default that the agent is selecting? We are concerned that libraries are inadvertently losing electronic access. I would be curious as to know why so many libraries are choosing print-only.

Kimberly Steinle
Library Relations Manager
Duke University Press
905 West Main Street, Suite 18-B