Re: Print-Only Subscription Trend

Maybe because print-only is cheaper.  We're still plugging ahead with
our E-only policy.

Tom

Kim Steinle wrote:

In 2006 Duke University Press decoupled print and electronic
subscriptions and offered three format options: print plus electronic,
print-only and electronic-only. We have noticed a heavy uptake of the
print-only format (40% + across the board), which seems unusual given
the current buzz of libraries going electronic-only. Are librarians
intentionally selecting print-only? Or, is this a default that the
agent is selecting? We are concerned that libraries are inadvertently
losing electronic access. I would be curious as to know why so many
libraries are choosing print-only.

Kimberly Steinle
Library Relations Manager
Duke University Press