Re: Critique of J-C Guedon's Serials Review article on Open Access

[MOD NOTE:  And after this reply, we might let the two gentlemen "step
outside" to discuss matters specifically related to shooting?]

I shall wait till Jean-Claude Guedon manages to get past the first two
paragraphs of my paragraph-by-paragraph critique of his entire lengthy
article, so as not to shoot faster than my shadow...  -- SH

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, jcg wrote:

> Having been on the road for a while and having just extricated myself
> from a fair number of papers to mark, I have not had time to study
> Stevan Harnad's critique of my paper published in Serials Review last
> December. However, having now downloaded it and printed it, I can say
> that I am flattered, if only by its length.
>
> Having also read only the first two paragraphs, I can only say that
> Stevan Harnad is a little like this French (actually Belgian) cowboy
> cartoon character called "Lucky Luke": Lucky Luke is famous for
> "shooting faster than his shadow": Stevan is increasingly becoming
> famous for being able to write faster than he reads.

[SNIP]