Re: ELECTRONIC UNIVERSITY PRESSES

See also:

<www.ei.virginia.edu>, Electronic Imprint at the University of Virginia
Press. From the home page:

Electronic Imprint

The Electronic Imprint (EI) of the University of Virginia Press publishes
new digital scholarship in the humanities and social sciences. Our mission
is to combine the traditional roles of university press publishing with
technological innovation in order to disseminate peer-reviewed work
comparable in its originality, intellectual rigor, and scholarly value to
the books issued by the print side of the Press.

EI is experimenting with new forms of publication and with new business
models for distribution as part of a nonprofit press. We hope to provide
instructive examples for scholars, libraries, sponsoring institutions, and
other publishers who join us in expanding academic publishing into the
digital realm.

Our first publication, the Dolley Madison Digital Edition, was formally
launched the first week of August 2004. It is the first publication in
what we are calling Rotunda, our name for the collection of online works
from UVa Press. Rotunda now has its own gateway page that will serve as an
entrance to the publications, where subscribers can read them or search
them in depth, and where others can survey the offerings and sign up for a
trial subscription. Now that Rotunda has launched, this website will serve
primarily as a source of documentation and information for project
authors.

We actively seek new projects; please see the For Authors section of our
site for information on submission and publication guidelines.

EI is supported by funds from the Andrew Mellon Foundation and the
President�s Office at the University of Virginia.

Ann Okerson/Yale Library