Press Release: BioMed Central announces publishing partnership

with The Scientist magazine
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:50:15 EST
Sender: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu

Apologies for cross-posting. We hope that this will be of interest to the
list. Please direct any enquiries about subscriptions to
institutions@biomedcentral.com or contact your sales representative.

Kind regards

Grace Baynes
BioMed Central

****BioMed Central announces publishing partnership with The Scientist
magazine***

BioMed Central is pleased to announce that the new website for The
Scientist, the premier source for life science news, will from today be
available on the BioMed Central platform. BioMed Central will now offer
its library customers The Scientist print and online subscriptions,
providing access to eighteen years of outstanding content, with the added
benefits of online usage statistics, customer support and 24/7 service
reliability.

Richard Gallagher, Editor and Publisher of The Scientist explains,

" We decided to partner with BioMed Central because they provide a
world-class offering to their library customer base and our partnership
fuses an outstanding product with an excellent service provider."

The Scientist website, www.the-scientist.com, has one million registrants,
and receives over 2.5 million page impressions a month. This highly
acclaimed magazine features content essential for all working life
scientists. Sections include Breaking news, Highlights from the research
literature, Research features, Technology Overviews, Business coverage and
Opinion and Vision articles.

>From BioMed Central, Natasha Robshaw, Head of Marketing and Sales, adds,

"We are delighted to add The Scientist to our portfolio of products we
offer to the library community. The Scientist is an established magazine
with a huge readership and we believe that our customers will really
benefit from being able to subscribe to this resource via our platform,
and enjoy excellent customer service at the same time."

ENDS

Press Contacts: Grace Baynes or Natasha Robshaw at press@biomedcentral.com
or +44 (0) 20 7323 0323

About The Scientist, LLC

The Scientist, a leading news magazine for life scientists, was founded in
1986. In late 2001, The Scientist Inc, and BioMed Central joined forces
with the aim of making The Scientist the most widely read and influential
magazine in the life science community. Distributed in print and
electronic form, it was the first continuously published science
publication on the Internet. The print version is distributed to over
70,000 life science researchers in the U.S, Canada and western Europe.

About BioMed Central

BioMed Central (http://www.biomedcentral.com) is an independent online
publishing house committed to providing immediate access without charge to
the peer-reviewed biological and medical research it publishes. This
commitment is based on the view that open access to research is essential
to the rapid and efficient communication of science. In addition to
open-access original research, BioMed Central also publishes reviews and
other subscription-based content.

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com

####