Invitation to librarians from Atypon

*WITH APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING*

I am pleased to post the invitation below.

Audrey Melkin
Atypon Systems, Inc.
______________

Atypon would like your input!

Atypon Systems, technology provider to CrossRef and publishers such as
Blackwell, Annual Reviews, and the University of California Press, is
interested in gathering input and feedback from librarians at the ALA
Midwinter Meeting.

We would like to learn more about how we can serve the needs of libraries
through our technology and our relationships with publishers.  While we
don't sell any products or services directly to librarians, we believe
that a better understanding of the challenges and goals of librarians and
their end-users will help inform our plans moving forward.

To that end, we are planning an Atypon Library Feedback Breakfast on
Saturday Jan 15 from 7-9am at the Four Season Hotel in Boston. Details
will follow.

Over breakfast, we will discuss topics such as:

  a.. How online publishing sites can best serve libraries
  b.. Library advisory boards and other interactions with librarians
  c.. Aggregation of publishers on the library side
  d.. How to manage links and linking technologies
  e.. Integrating with library OPAC and other systems
  f.. The future of online content and delivery

If you are interested in these topics, are familiar with the online
publishing world, and want to contribute, please  let me know by either
phone or email.

Participants will be thanked with a $100 Borders gift certificate.

Space is limitied and we must hear from you to confirm your participation.

See you in Boston!
Sincerely,

Kristen Fisher
Director of Marketing