Re: Cataloguing open access

Dear American Librarians,

Is it not true that first You have to acquire before cataloging. The
selections made of free electronic journals by American libraries is
really very poor in the humanities. There is a world out there full of
interesting free journals. Believe me. If anybody is interested I can send
anyone an extensive list of journals within the humanites, 635 academic,
full-text free electronic journals.  Are You even aware of the hundreds of
titles in Gallica?

http://gallica.bnf.fr/PeriosListe.htm

What's wrong with journals like this?

Jenda: A Journal of Culture and African Women Studies
ISSN 1530-5686
http://www.jendajournal.com/jenda/
Volume 1, Number 1 (2001)-
Published by Africa Resource Center and directed by an all-African women
team of co-editors, this new ejournal represents in part an effort to
occupy and redefine the space of African Women's studies, a space initially
defined by white female scholars.

best

Jan Szczepanski
Goteborgs universitetsbibliotek
Centralbiblioteket
F=F6rste bibliotekarie/Chef, avd. f=F6r humaniora
Box 222
SE 405 30 Goteborg, SWEDEN
Tel: +46 31 773 1164 Fax: +46 31 163797
E-mail: Jan.Szczepanski@ub.gu.se