Libraries join International DOI Foundation

Of possible interest.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:47:57 +0100
From: "Paskin, Norman (DOI-ELS)" <n.paskin@doi.org>
Subject: Libraries join International DOI Foundation

I'm pleased to announce that an informal consortium of three major
national libraries - The British Library (UK), Die Deutsche Bibliothek
(Germany) and the Koninklijke Bibliotheek (The Netherlands) - has joined
the International DOI Foundation.

IDF is delighted to welcome this group of leading libraries, and to have
their support for our work on a persistent and extensible identification
and metadata infrastructure for intellectual property.  Our recent work
with DOI applications and services will be of particular interest to the
library community.

For the full press release, please see

http://www.doi.org/news/030417-Library.html

Norman Paskin