AMA pricing?

This came across the AAHSL list and I thought might be of interest to the
liblicense community.  Just FYI, Yale hasn't received a quote like this
...  yet.

--Kimberly Parker

____

Colleagues,

Last week we received a quote from AMA for unlimited access by University
of Arizona authorized users to JAMA and the 9 Archives titles. Cost for
2003--a mere $127,690.00.

Alternative lower cost access models are available, but these include a
static-IP, dedicated workstation option and a username/password (i.e., one
concurrent user?) option--neither of which have any appeal to us.

We're interested in hearing if others have started receiving similarly
astronomically high quotes from AMA?   Please copy Dave Piper in our
Collection Services Dept. - dpiper@AHSL.arizona.edu

Gary Freiburger, Director
Arizona Health Sciences Library
1501 N. Campbell Ave.