From: Seeley, Mark (ELS/Cahners)
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 3:33 PM
Subject:  Rowecom/ initial organizing meeting of interested parties, 27
December 2002

Attached are my minutes of the initial organizing meeting of 27 December
of the "ad-hoc Rowecom creditors committee".

I am also copying those of you who have otherwise indicated interest in
following these developments.  I have set up a "group" on yahoo at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rowecomcreditors> on which I intend to post
e-mail communications to the broad group of interested parties.  Any
interested party can send e-mails to this group, which I am currently
acting as moderator for, which I will then post on the site.  Will also
post minutes of non-confidential meetings, pointers to related documents,
etc, and anyone else is welcome to do the same.  Any recommendations for
how to improve this site or otherwise improve communications would be very
welcome.

As far as general developments, you should also be informed that the
Steering Committee did also meet on Friday and we appointed
PricewaterhouseCoopers to help us with financial investigations and Jones
Day to support us legally.  We are trying to work out a confidentiality
agreement with Rowecom to enable PricewaterhouseCoopers to begin reviewing
financial information ASAP.

Thanks,
Mark (secretary of the ad-hoc group)

Mark Seeley
Vice President & General Counsel
Elsevier Science
275 Washington Street
Newton MA 02458
Phone: (+1) 617-630-2254
Fax:  (+1) 617-558-4649

  <<RowecomAdHocCommitteeMinutes27Dec.doc>>

RowecomAdHocCommitteeMinutes27Dec.doc